Whenever you are moving into a new house, whether it is your own property or a rented one, there are certain things you should keep in mind. A lot of new memories are to be made in this house and you certainly want it to be in its best condition. If that is indeed the case, you may want to pay attention to certain areas of the house that often cause problems. In this article, we will talk about what those areas are, and what the most common issues you might experience in a new house are. Keep reading to find out.
The first, and probably most important thing is to understand that moving into a place is not just about bringing your personal belongings into the property. Especially if it is a newly renovated estate, you may need to do a lot of cleaning. The peculiar thing about that is the fact that recently built or renovated houses require a special type of cleaning. Whether it is post-construction or simply a house where no one has lived for a while, there are areas that need special attention. Keep reading to find out what needs to be done in a house so it is ready for you to properly move in and make it nice.
The first and most important thing when moving in is to not trust the previous owner’s cleaning. Even if they did tackle all the basics, there is a high chance that they did not take care of all nooks and crannies around the place. While the first thing to do when moving in is to check if everything is in order, well functioning, and neat, the next step is to make sure it is clean. Buildup and grime can, in fact, cause a lot of issues around the house. It is of crucial importance that you check for such issues.
1. Post-renovation cleaning – If you are renovating a part of the property, or even the whole place, it is best if you get a proper post-renovation cleaning. Renovations or constructions can cause disruption and fine dust everywhere, which can cause respiratory and health issues, so it is important that you get rid of the issue as soon as possible. If you are having a big project on hand, it is best to reach out to a professional company to take care of it.
2. Deep cleaning – A good deep cleaning ensures that your whole house is properly cleaned. Deep cleaning involves every corner of the property thoroughly tackled using strong cleaning solutions and chemicals. While you can do this on your own, it is a big task and you might as well call a professional company to take care of it. Deep cleaning of the place included all areas, floors, walls, and furniture being cleaned, as well as mould and mildew removal.
3. Do-it-yourself approach – If you are a person that likes doing everything on their own, you may want to take a DIY approach. Make sure you inspect the house thoroughly so you know what needs to be done, then do your research on homemade cleaning solutions and get on with it. There are a number of organic, eco-friendly, and biodegradable cleaning mixtures that will do wonders in your new place.
4. Inspection is the key – Whenever you move into a new place, you are supposed to check for a number of things in order to make your stay there nice. Here are some of them:
• Checking for pests – If there are signs of pest infestation, you should call pest control immediately. Make sure you do this before you or your belongings are brought to the house in order to prevent damage. What is more, allowing pests in your belongings may cause them to spread around.
• Inspect electrical installations – Call professionals and have your whole electrical installation checked. This is of crucial importance, especially if you are getting an old house. If your electrical appliances do not work or are malfunctioning in any way, you should call an expert right away. If you begin living in a house with a faulty electrical system, you may get even more issues over time. Apart from your appliances not working, you may experience damage and even fire hazards.
In general, moving to a new place can be stressful but you should not become worried. There is always help. Whenever you are uncertain or hesitant about something, look for a professional company to come and help you out. Getting the work done by professionals is always a good choice. You will have a nice job done and insurance to keep you safe from failures and damage.
It is best to ask around some friends or family for recommendations or search the internet for well-rated companies that will do a good job on your new house.